Welcome to the Inside Business Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards 2017
Presented by Inside Business and the Regent University School of Business & Leadership.
About the Award
The Hampton Roads Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards honor individuals who exemplify the spirit of entrepreneurship by creating new businesses and services that are successful, sustainable and growing. The awards recognize local entrepreneurs for their ingenuity, perseverance and positive impact on the community. The award winners will be honored at a luncheon and featured in a special report included in Inside Business
Anyone who is associated with a successful entrepreneur can nominate a candidate. This includes spouses, employees, bankers, attorneys, marketing/advertising agencies, public relations firms and entrepreneurs themselves. Self-nominations are encouraged.
You can see the nomination form by clicking on "Resources" in the upper-right-hand corner, but all nominations must be submitted online to be considered.
Deadline for nominations is March 30, 2017.
The awards will be presented at a luncheon on Monday, June 12th at the Founders Inn.
If you have problems submitting this form, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The nominee must be an owner or an individual who is primarily responsible for the recent performance of the company and an active member of top management. The nominee’s company must be at least two years old. The company must be based in Hampton Roads. Nominees will be judged on the following criteria:
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Demonstrates vision and perseverance, a willingness to take calculated risks, the capacity to learn from mistakes, an ability to overcome obstacles and a resolve to succeed that requires both independence and a reliance on trusted advisers.
- Strategic thinking: Identifies and evaluates business opportunities in terms of the required resources. Effectively translates business ideas into meaningful, actionable business plans. Utilizes strategic partnerships, alliances, and internal and external advisers to expand the company’s capabilities.
- Emphasis on innovation: Views opportunities and challenges of the business through a lens of innovation and takes actions that advance the methods, products or services in that field.
- Business performance: Leads a growth-oriented business as measured by revenues, profitability, number of employees and other characteristics indicating progress toward long-term sustainability. Company success is also reflective of the entrepreneur’s ability to align all of the company’s resources (human resources finance, etc.) for maximum efficiency.
- Community impact: Represents a positive impact on the local community as demonstrated by the company’s relationships with its employees, vendors and other business associates. Nominee is also involved in philanthropic or charitable activities.
- Personal integrity/influence: Models one’s personal values in such a way as to earn the genuine respect of employees, competitors and others in the community. Has also achieved a measure of influence and is recognized for his or her professional expertise as well as leadership contributions outside the company.
An independent panel of judges of local business leaders and university business faculty will evaluate and assess the criteria.